Wednesday, January 9, 2008

FINALLY

Well here we are in the jolly new year of 2008 and I am FINALLY back on line.
I can hardly fathom how my last post was about the evil love bugs from Hades....soooooo much has happened. The short version: We found the house of our dreams in our neighborhood of choice in the very section of said neighborhood we wanted to live in. Due to never having/using credit cards in the last 5 years our credit scores were actually LOW!!! So with winter coming the mortgage broker offered to rent us her old home while we rebuilt our credit. We get moved into her place only to find out a week later that the people who own the house we really really wanted have "asked about" our family and decided they really want us in here so will rent it to us until we can get that mortgage. YAY. Wait.... crap...that means moving twice in one month. Le sigh.
So we moved again and are very happy about everything (especially the green house and the fireplace). Lots of moving, lots of stress, but ultimately, lots of the good stuff to.
We were asked to hold a Bible study at our house and that has been more successful than I ever expected. It has the added bonus of serving as church for us as the closest Calvary Chapel is a long long drive and the other local churches have not really felt right to us. Homeschooling is going like gangbusters and the kids are getting to include neighbor kids in projects (like foliage collection/identification). El Hubbo is really suited to his new self employment...if perhaps abit slow on the organization of his paperwork. Very satisfied with everything really, God IS good.

About the knitting. Well. *sigh* I've been dreadful. I'll start it at that. Just know that there are NO quality yarn places down here in the deep south. I may have to get a sheep. So I spent the last several months making log cabin blankets (out of acrylic...I know I know). I started some some socks only to get to the heels and lose all interest. I swear, I has gotta be stress and lack of communication with my knitting compadres. I miss Messie and her inspiration. I miss Marquita making patterns harder than they need to be hehehe I miss Ravelry and Harlot and Purl. I did have a fantastic email though! I found out my good buddy Jess has picked up the knitting lifestyle and I am thrilled *swoon*
After moving into the new homestead and settling in (and becoming excessively bored with endless garter stitch log cabin blankets) I decided it was time to work on my PW cardigan. Only I have discovered I am a moron and really should be under supervision when knitting. I tried to be smart and avoid cutting in for the sleeves and just knitted them on at the right spot. It developed shoulders that would make the blasted thing appropriate outerwear for a hockey player in full pads. I was in such denial I carried on for a couple of days wanting to get it done before hubbo came home (and with it being on a circ that denial was pretty easy to pull off). Finally I realized I had to put it on a line and have a look. It was bloody awful....so bad that it got stuffed into my knitting basked and buried under several balls of acrylic in punishment. THAT was the very moment I lost my knitting mojo. I have had ZERO desire to knit ever since. Once my beloved pointed that out to me, I promptly picked up the basket and frogged that sucker all the way back to where my 'genius' kicked in and made something stupid. It took nearly two hours to frog (Fair Isle ya know) and the thing is STILL stealing my creative juice away. I attempted pulling out the sewing machine to intimidate it, but instead the malicious thing had a few words with the Brother and now my sewing mojo is gone as well. Even new fabric and new shears have not re-revved those desires. I did make squirt a new dress, but honesly it looks like the gear you would wear in a mental ward. Uhg. Maybe I should make one for myself? Spread a few ashes on my head in repentance for offending the knitting goodness that is my PW? You think that would work?
Me neither..but it makes me giggle to think about it.

It's good to be back yall.

1 comment:

Jess said...

oh my darling how i have missed you more than words could ever accurately describe. i have just recently got outta the funk of which you speak. there is hope my love, and that hope goes by the name of ravelry. ;)