Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Guess who is going to Pittsburgh?

Jessie has finally badgered me(heh heh) into coming over to her place for a gals weekend. I suspect there will be an overdose of knitting and graphic scenes of yarnage everywhere......

Mapquest says it will take 4 hours, 45 min which is a heck of alot less time than I had originally thought. I had no idea we were that close really. The train had me leaving from the detroit bus station in the middle of the night.....There is no way my DH was going to be okay with me going there. Last year, apparerntly, there were more than a couple murders and rapes there AT the bus stop itself. So, that was out of the question. I really had no idea it was that bad, but then I've been on a self imposed news black out for awhile. He actually looked at me like I had just grown a third head when I mentioned it. And then there is the idea of driving to toledo to get on a train that would still take 2 hours longer than if I just drove myself the whole way....well thats just silly. And frankly, who wants to get up to come pick me up at 5:30 in the morning anyway? We would all be tired and feelin wonky the rest of the day. No fun at all.

So, by reason of lucid thinking, I will be driving myself at a reasonable hour on Friday morning. I will be in full control of snacks, potty breaks, the radio AND run ZERO risk of having to deal with bratty kids screaming up and down the train. Wrangling my own kids is one thing, but other peoples lack of disipline over their yard apes drives me over the edge. One of the primary reasons for this little escape is to give me a break from my own darling ankle biters. I love them more than I can describe and in order to keep such a wellspring of joy in my heart for their cherubic faces, I need to drive 300 miles AWAY from them. 5 children, literally 24/7 ages 13 to 18 months old can really wear down the sanity of a mum if she doesn't get a chance to breath once in awhile. I will still get my baby fix in as lil Kendsie will be helping knit, but I am not her momma so just get the fun part for a nice change. As I sit here I am thinking about it and I do believe the last time I had a girls weekend was in 2002? Yeah, Its safe to say I am WAY overdue for this. Now I'm only stuck with what to bring! Yarn is a given, but which yarn? the cardigan? the tote? of course socks, but.........just cash so we can hit a yarn store? Mmmmmmmm wooooool I hear your siren call.....

1 comment:

M said...

Hey Couz,
saw the comment on our page, so I guess you heard the news, we're on our way to a full 2.5 kids.....the .5 might be interesting. Hope things are well with you guys..have fun in Pitt.!! Love ya,
Wade