Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tote Exchange Fun stuff

Oh my aint it a good thing I read my swap partner’s blog–and she had her preferences tagged out nice and clearly for me. :-)

Anyway–if you be my partner–my apologies–I just found out about this–so here we go :-)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'm not real picky really. I've only been at knitting less than 2 years, so have not become a real fiber snob yet....though I did cringe at the acryllic feel on my skin. It was heap acryllic tho and I know there is super soft struff out there so...

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope. But I do cross stitch and sew. I'm not allowed to learn to spin until I get my current yarn stash in a more managable position ;-P

3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? see #3

4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? at the moment wool blends, hands down. I have discovered I am in love with Noros Iro and am working diligently on talking himself into letting me get a bag hehehehehe. Right now tho, I can't say enough good things about Philosophers wool. Mmmmmmm yummy stuff.

5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am not so keen on the novelty yarns. Freaky fur running rampant on my wool ;-P

6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks and sweaters.

7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I'm trying to master socks without needing a pattern along beside me. I know, I'm a dork.

8. What are you knitting right now? my cardigan, just cast on more socks and my partners tote

9. Are you a sock knitter? ohhhhhhh yus

10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate? favourite colours are purples, blues,reds and greens–I prefer bolder, more brilliant colours to pastels
I’m not very fond of bright neon shades

11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? My AiG wishlist could damage the delivery womans back.....

12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)? Nope! Well.....dust and tree pollen, but whatchagonnado?

13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions? I'm a Fundie Christian. I'm not prohibited or restricted anything as much as I just don't care for things that mock God.

14. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.). Eucalyptus and pine.....I know I know, you expected lavendar or something didn't ya?

15. Do you burn candles? regularly

16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth? Savory everytime

17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa? Coffee and tea, but more tea than coffee lately.

18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Happily married, 5 kids, 1 chihuahua, 1 raddit, 12 fish.

19. What are some of your favorite things? knitting, books (all types usually, just not romance), sewing, belting out songs as loud as possible regardless of my location, watching kids playing in the snow,......more knitting

20. Is there anything that you collect? other than books–and yarn? Nope. My MIL keeps tying to get me to collect, but I have enough clutter. I'm more of a decollector :P
Actually thats not true, I love old movies.

21. What is your favorite holiday? Toss up between Easter and Christmas....and Thanksgiving....and the 4th of July.......

22. What is your birthday? March 2

No comments: