Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I must I must I must

Work on my cardigan today. There is really nothing for it. I've neglected the poor Dear for what....2 weeks? Its absolutely freezing and I have this georgeous warm cardigan just pining away for me to finish. Its the best weather for it, I love the colorway, its absolutely calling to me, so why am I avoiding it?

*le sigh*

Its that goof I made. Where I used the wong color. I used Jade instead of light heather because I was running my big mouth. I used it perfectly. I did not even notice my flaw until I got home and the sleeve was several inches longer. Auuuuuugggghhhhhhhh
I can NOT talk and reliably read a color chart at the same time. Thats all there is to it. I know I have to rip it back. That one flaw WILL keep me from wearing it. No one else on the planet.....well at least the non-knitters.....will ever even notice it, but me? Yeah, I will stare at that sucker like I would stare at a politician following through on campaign promises.
Thats what has been holding me back. I have "precious knits" syndrome over this flawed little piece and I no wanna frog it back. Bugger bugger bugger.

Alright. I know it must be done. I have coffee, and after that has grown cold and harsh, some nice teas my fantastic husband bought. Tonight the new Lost episode comes on and I can get refreshed with my dvd's before the big event (super bowl has NOTHING on the new Lost season and you ALL know it) and I will just plug away until the entire sleeve is done correctly. Thats right, I said it, the ENTIRE sleeve.

Kermit here I come.................


Edit to add: Well maybe I would if my kids would use sane amounts of toilet paper instead of clogging up the bathroon so bad I literally have to send them away because its so nasty I have to bleach out the entire freaking bathroom top to bottom.
How is it they will use and entire roll of toilet paper to wipe their butts and STILL have enourmous skid marks?
I am so grossed out, repulsed and leaving this job of motherhood for something cleaner, like an oil rig rough neck.
BAH.

No comments: